My thesis work focuses on archaeology and history. Using research gained from archaeologists about Fort Halifax in Winslow, Maine, I created five illustrations. Each illustration focuses on a different historical aspect of Fort Halifax. In the future, I hope to go on to create more images that better illuminate the past as an archaeological illustrator.
Chelsea Anthony graduated with a degree in Illustration from Maine College of Art. She works in a mix of traditional and digital mediums. Chelsea draws inspiration from Asian art, martial arts, and archaeology.
1. History Map, 2015, Acrylic on Art Board, 20×16
2. Fort Halifax 1755, 2015, Acrylic on Art Board, 16×20
3. Porcelain Artifacts, 2015, Gouache on Paper, 13×11
4. Fort Soldiers, 2015, Gouache on Paper, 13×11
5. Inside the Blockhouse, 2015, Watercolor on Paper, 14×11
6. Studio Portrait