In my thesis I focus on the process of fictional world building through the utilization of two-dimensional digital paintings, as well as three-dimensional hand sculpting. In this work, I have taken the first steps in realizing a fully fleshed-out fantasy world; a world that can potentially be populated with infinite characters and stories. The process of bringing to life imaginative worlds has always been a staple in my work. In this series I have created the first characters and the beginning of a world that can be further developed exponentially.
Gavin Bulger earned his BFA in New Media at Maine College of Art. His focus is on conceptual digital and physical three-dimensional modeling, as well as two -dimensional digital painting. When creating art, he implements a high level of detail in order to promote believability in his concepts; whether he is creating a character, creature or mechanism, his work aims to bring a sense of realism to the fantastical.
1. Básaul – God of life, death and consciousness, (Front).
2. Mithaeferon – Goddess of creation, earth and nature, (Front).
3. Elf Heroine – Elven Ranger, (Front).
4. Básaul – God of life, death and consciousness, (Back).
5. Mithaeferon – Goddess of creation, earth and nature, (Back).
6. Studio Portrait